• Divanir and Tilanie

    Walking on the beach in Ponta do Ouro, Mozambique...

  • Village children
    we had the opportunity to minister to many children in a small community in Chaquelane

  • Mozambique children

    Mozambique children playing in the street. Experiencing the freedom of being children ...

  • Children playing soccer

    It is amazing to see the kids playing soccer and just enjoying life. They are very kind and friendly ...

  • A blockquote inside of a blockquote? It can’t be!

    But it CAN be :) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce scelerisque, elit id vestibulum vestibulum, orci ...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

God’s ways are higher than our ways!!

Isaiah 55:8-9.   For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
We would like to share a little bit about what we have been experiencing during these past few months here in South Korea.
Tilanie had one of the most challenging months in June. It was the end of the semester and she had to compile tests for 4 classes, grade it and take care of me. It was really busy for Tilanie. But, Praise God…He strengthened her and she could finish everything in the right time.
In our last newsletter we were asking prayer for my knee, we really expected that God was going to heal in the way that we wanted and that we were praying about, but it did not happen. We now have a lot of peace that God wants to use the operation to bring healing to my knee and I am going for the operation in few days on 03/07/12. I will be in the hospital for a week and then I am going back home.

I’ve injured my knee really bad, even more that I thought. I’ve torn the lateral ligament and the ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) and I will have an ACL reconstruction on Tuesday.
It is difficult for us to explain what is happening at this moment… because we don’t understand what is happening, but we just trust in God and that he is in control of everything (even when we don’t have any control).
I’ve previously wrote about “Soccer was just a Bonus”    
 http://tilaniedivanir.blogspot.kr/2012/05/impacting-and-being-impacted.html .
It’s challenging to be in a country where you don’t know a lot of people, you can’t communicate because of the language, a different culture, and at the same time you feel like all the dreams you had just died in front of you.

The most challenging thing is that it is not first time that we’re going through this, it the second time that I injured my knee.
But, through all of these things…God has been speaking to us about who He is. It is not about how we feel, because our own emotions will not take us to Him but just His words and promises towards us will take us to him. And we have just seen again…the Power of Prayer…and of Faith!!! We Praise God that He is using so many of our friends, family and people whom we don’t even know, to pray for us….We really, really appreciate your prayers and we could/can feel that Jesus was /is carrying us through this time!!!

I really thank God for my wife… she is really amazing, she helps me with everything. She is always praying for me and with me and I love my beautiful wife more than ever. And I really thank God for giving me her.I love Tilanie so much.

2 comments:

franceSujong said...

I really thank the Lord because this is happening while you are still young - meaning, you still have your whole life ahead of you and then you will be a living testimony of surviving the worst leg operations!! and you might be able to help others who are going through it! Romans 8:28 For God lets everything work for the Good of those who loves Him, who have been called according to His purposes.
Strength, blessings, peace, love, joy and more strength to you both. You are an inspiration to other people.

franceSujong said...

and i wish to remind you of something you wrote on earlier pages:
Even though changes are challenging, it fuels us to hear God’s voice and to be obedient. Walking in faith, with our expectation in Him, our hearts are now once again in that place of total dependence on the Father, knowing that He has the best for us as His children.

God already went ahead of you in all of this. and He is able to finish everything He has started in you and through you until the end.

Post a Comment