• Divanir and Tilanie

    Walking on the beach in Ponta do Ouro, Mozambique...

  • Village children
    we had the opportunity to minister to many children in a small community in Chaquelane

  • Mozambique children

    Mozambique children playing in the street. Experiencing the freedom of being children ...

  • Children playing soccer

    It is amazing to see the kids playing soccer and just enjoying life. They are very kind and friendly ...

  • A blockquote inside of a blockquote? It can’t be!

    But it CAN be :) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce scelerisque, elit id vestibulum vestibulum, orci ...

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Season’s change

Season’s change
The summer is gone and with it the heat and humidity… We are now in autumn, this is a very beautiful season, it is fascinating to see how the colours in nature has changed. God has so much creativity…we are in awe of His creation.
As the seasons have changed from Summer to Autumn…So also is our time here in Korea changing. After a Summer of many struggles and difficulties, we are now experiencing a new refreshing season,  with many new exciting things and expectations.
We have had a very difficult time here in Korea, during that time, we had so many questions and a lot of it are still unanswered questions. It was a time where we had to hold onto to God’s word, His promises and His character.
One of the promises that have been constantly in my mind…Is when Jesus said that He will be with us, every day, until the end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20. I have been reading this word over and over again, praying this truth into my life. Even though we experience those moments where we do not feel God’s presence, or when we can’t even hear his voice, we have to remind ourselves that He is with us; He will be at our side taking care of us.

Moving to Suji
Our school moved from Gapeyong to Suji, we are well nearer to the capital, Seoul and at the same time we are not as isolated as before when we were in Gapeyong. In Suji there are many shops, markets, banks, etc , if we need to buy something, it is so much easier to go out and buy it.
The only challenge to move to Suji was to transform a big empty 3-storey building into a school with; classrooms, dormitories, offices, cafeteria etc. But, yet again our God has surprised us so much during this month, Principal (Pastor) Daniel took a big step of faith when he decided to move the school and after that step of faith we have seen so many miracles happening.


Like Moses, the sea opened only when He stretched out his hand and touched the water, We have to take a step forward in obedience to what God has spoken, for us to see God's miracles.

One week before the new semester started, the classrooms still didn’t have any desks, chairs and the offices were very simple, just a few tables with chairs, the school didn’t impress anyone. Then the Lord blessed us by sending people who gave donations and offerings.
When the students arrived one week later, everything was organized. One person decided to bless us with the furniture for the first floor, remodel the offices, the counsel room, the hall, music room etc. It looks wonderful and in two days our school were totally transformed. Although we still have some challenges with monthly payments because of relocation and reformation, we continue to trust in our God's provision to pay all the bills.


Our activities in South Korea
Our activities have been virtually the same as the previous semester. Tilanie is teaching English; Grammar and Literature, 3-4 classes per day, four times a week. It has been a very busy time for her,  we had the expectation that we would have another English teacher to help her, but unfortunately, at the last moment just before the opening of the new semester the teacher had some unforeseen circumstances and then couldn't be part of our school.



I'm teaching football again, every Wednesday and Thursday we go to a field where we do the training, it is two hours of training. It’s very nice to be able to teach again, to walk everywhere with my crutches and spend time with the students. On Mondays I also teach the Bible, we speak about Hearing God’s voice, Relationship with God, Missions etc. On the first day I asked the students to write on a piece of paper what they would like to learn, or questions they have about God and the bible, I will select some of  these questions and bring it to class to study in groups.
And on Sundays we have a time of  ministry in the Church where Tilanie teaches English to 3 classes. In the beginning I was teaching football but since I hurt my knee I could not continue the work.


The challenge to walk again
Four months ago I had the knee surgery, I have been doing Physiotherapy twice a week and my knee is improving every day. I see that my muscles are becoming stronger than before and I can bend the knee more than 120 degrees. My challenge now is to walk without crutches, even though I have improved a lot I still have the greatest challenge ahead, which is to walk without crutches. When I'm at home or in the office I can walk without crutches, but when I am out on the street or in places with lots of people I do not have enough security and balance. The doctor said that I have to start walking this month, because in December I will be doing further tests to determine when I can start running.
It's been a challenge to learn to walk again, the fear of falling and getting hurt, the constant lack of confidence; I am fighting against fear and insecurity daily. I want to walk as soon as possible and for this reason I am giving my best in Physiotherapy.

Another decision
The month of November is a very important month for us, because we have to decide if we will return to Africa in February 2013 or if we will stay for another season in South Korea. Please pray with us that the Lord will direct this decision.
We would like to thank our friends and family who have been walking this journey with us in missions. We’re sure that you've have seen that even though the journey is most of the time, not so smooth or easy…Our Precious God still remain Faithful!!!

Thank you for investing in the Kingdom of God through our lives, we are very grateful to the Lord for your life.
May our God bless you abundantly
Divanir & Tilanie

0 comments:

Post a Comment